First up was 400 Best Sandwich Recipes by Alison Lewis. (Really - you could have a different sandwich every day for a year in your lunch with a few to spare!) From Robert Rose Publishing:
Simple to prepare yet sublime to eat -- sandwich recipes for every occasion.
This is the go-to book on sandwiches. These recipes can be enjoyed at any mealtime -- not just lunch -- and include a wide array of snacks, appetizers and desserts. In addition to the standard fare, there is a selection of wonderful, intriguing and creative new recipes.
With hundreds of choices, 400 Best Sandwich Recipes has the perfect sandwich for anyone's craving, and every recipe can easily be prepared by the home chef. The recipes are organized into:
- Breakfast and brunch sandwiches
- Lunchbox sandwiches
- The classics
- Grilled cheeses
- Burgers and sliders
- International sandwiches
- American favorites
- Light and healthy sandwiches
300 Best Taco Recipes by Kelley Cleary Coffeen. From Robert Rose Publishing:
The most extensive collection of taco recipes, with perfect pairings for salsas, relishes and beverages.
A spectacular taco bible, this cookbook delivers the best recipes ever. From the crucial choice of the right tortilla to the correct preparation of ingredients and toppings, Kelley Cleary Coffeen's recipes are fun, simple, delicious and economical.
She has included a taco for every member of the family and any and every guest, from authentic Mexican tacos to traditional Americanized tacos as well as an array of creative culinary tacos that have never been done before. Here is a sample of the offerings:
- Chicken and turkey tacos, such as pollo verde tacos, sonora chicken flautas, 10-minute chicken tacos
- Beef, roast and steak tacos, such as gingered short rib tacos, green chili stew tacos, tres taquitos with guacamole
- Pork and lamb tacos, such as Southern pulled pork tacos with honey mustard glaze, spicy chorizo tacos
- Coastal, veggie and meatless tacos, such as Cajun shrimp tacos, mahi mahi tacos with citrus salsa, artichoke & spinach tacos
- Dessert tacos, such as honey pecan tacos, apple caramel streusel flautas, cherry cheesecake cupitas
- Salsas, sauces, relishes and more, such as peach & red onion salsa, roasted tomato salsa, blue cheese & onion relish, guacamole
(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)