Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Perfect Timing - Jill Mansell


Well, it was a crappy, grey day and I was feeling crappy too. My plan - to hunker down on the couch and try to feel better, but with a book of course. As I perused my TBR pile, I just knew which book would do the trick - Jill Mansell's latest North American release from Sourcebooks - Perfect Timing.

Poppy Dunbar is out on her hen night, celebrating the night before her wedding to Rob. When she accidentally falls and is helped up by an attractive man named Tom, she is speechless. The attraction between them is instantaneous and undeniable. Tom voices it out loud" I wish you weren't getting married tomorrow."

And she doesn't - calling off the wedding for her own reasons. She runs away to London to start over. Once in London, she starts a new job, meets new friends, has madcap adventures....

Poppy is warm hearted, a bit of a scatterbrain, but infinitely lovable. Her new friends include a gorgeous painter who loves every woman he meets - literally, a jealous flatmate pining for love, the shy boss who can't seem to express himself, and older characters full of wit and wisdom.

Perfect Timing is full of Mansell's trademark style - missed cues, misunderstandings, lots of humorous situations and of course romance. And the best part of all - happy endings.

Really, Mansell is the queen of Brit chick lit. Her stories are addicting, the characters are people you'd like to know, and the settings places you'd like to live. (I wouldn't mind working in the Portobello Road market) You're guaranteed a feel good read, without question.

And yes, I forgot about how crappy I felt, lost in this fun filled, entertaining tale!

Keep your eyes out for Rumor Has It, releasing in North America in the spring of 2010.

7 comments:

Patti V. said...

Thank you so much for getting me hooked on this author. This book looks like it will be a great one too.

jill mansell said...

Luanne! Again, thank you so much for a truly lovely review and so many wonderful compliments - you've really made my day!
Love
Jill x

The Book Chick said...

Ahhh.....I love all things Jill Mansell (and have the overstuffed bookshelf to prove it, LOL!). I love this one and agree that it is the perfect cure for a dreary day!!! Thanks for the review, Luanne!

christine said...

I completely agree, this was such a sweet, fun, heartfelt book. I have just discovered this author and look forward to reading more of her books.

Ladytink_534 said...

I want to go to Portobello Road one day. That was my favorite part in Bedknobs and Broomsticks as a kid.

bermudaonion said...

Mansell's characters are so much fun. I can't wait to read this book.

Anna said...

I'm looking forward to reading this one. I've loved all the Mansell books I've read so far.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric