Tuesday, December 10, 2024

Know Your Newlywed - Elena Armas and Hillary Nussbaum and Heather Taylor

I love audio books and I often pair one up with - cleaning the house, doing laundry, or maybe just a quick rest on the couch with my eyes closed.

Hillary Nussbaum, Heather Taylor and Elena Armas made it very hard to get back up off the couch with their audio book  - Know Your Newlywed!
 
Do you remember watching game shows that had newlyweds for contestants? And the prizes might have been a kettle or a fridge? This new version boasts a prize much larger than that! And that's what prompts Javi and Cleo to apply. Javi and Cleo are characters that you can't help but like. I had my fingers crossed for them! A wonderful rom-com plot ensues. 

I've often said that I get more immerged in a tale when I listen to it. The was definitely the case with Know Your Newlywed. I loved the two leads, Tyler Posey and Mary Mouser. Their voices were perfect for the characters. Posey has a little gravel in his voice that really works for the character and his nature. He doesn't rush. Mouser easily captures her character with a faster pace of speaking. Her voice matches the character. The supporting cast is one of the largest I've ever listened to. I really liked that - I never had to guess who was speaking. A large cast presents a richer listen for me. Everyone spoke clearly and was easy on the ears. And another nice detail was the background noises - telephones, clapping, horns, and more.

An excellent presentation of a excellent and fun rom-com!  An easy 5 stars,

4 hours and 54 minutes

No comments: