Monday, October 14, 2024

Know Your Newlywed - Elena Armas and Hillary Nussbaum and Heather Taylor

I love audio books and I often pair one up with - cleaning the house, doing laundry, or maybe just a quick rest on the couch with my eyes closed.

Hillary NussbaumHeather Taylor and Elena Armas made it very hard to get back up off the couch with their audio book  - Know Your Newlywed!
 
Do you remember watching game shows that had newlyweds for contestants? And the prizes might have been a kettle or a fridge? This new version boasts a prize much larger than that! And that's what prompts Javi and Cleo to apply. Javi and Cleo are characters that you can't help but like. I had my fingers crossed for them! A wonderful rom-com plot ensues. 

I've often said that I get more immerged in a tale when I listen to it. The was definitely the case with Know Your Newlywed. I loved the two leads, Tyler Posey and Mary Mouser. Their voices were perfect for the characters. Posey has a little gravel in his voice that really works for the character and his nature. He doesn't rush. Mouser easily captures her character with a faster pace of speaking. Her voice matches the character. The supporting cast is one of the largest I've ever listened to. I really liked that - I never had to guess who was speaking. A large cast presents a richer listen for me. Everyone spoke clearly and was easy on the ears. And another nice detail was the background noises - telephones, clapping, horns, and more.

An excellent presentation of a excellent and fun rom-com! Hear for yourself - listen to an audio excerpt of Know Your Newlywed.  

4 hours and 54 minutes

No comments: