Thursday, May 9, 2013

Over the Counter #162

What book caught my eye this week as it passed over the library counter and under my scanner?

Well, I remember having a hat like the one on the cover of The Museum of Kitschy Stitches:  A Gallery of Notorious Knits by Stitchy McYarnpants.

From the publisher Quirk Books:

"Hideous hats, ridiculous wraps, embarrassing neckties, and more-they’re all on display at The Museum of Kitschy Stitches, a photographic gallery of knitting and crocheting horrors. Want to see sci-fi inspired headgear from the 1940s? Gender-bending sweater sets from the ’50s and ’60s? Groovy outerwear from the ’70s? Museum curator Stitchy McYarnpants has sifted through decades of vintage catalogs, patterns, and advertisements to assemble this astonishingly awful collection. Along the way, she provides side splitting commentary about the models and their very unfortunate fashion choices. It’s essential reading for knitters and nostalgia buffs!"

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come to the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But...I can mention them and maybe one of them will catchy your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I never had a hat like that but I do think the book looks like fun!