Tuesday, October 15, 2024

The Treasure Hunters Club - Tom Ryan

When I was young I loved maps. (And I still do). I would trace the lines on the map, marking the final destination. I kept also kept copious lists of places that my family's station wagon drove through. And yes, I dreamed about finding a map to a treasure chest. I'm still looking - and I've found a treasure in Tom Ryan's new book - The Treasure Hunters Club.

There is so much to love in this book. I loved the setting by the sea, and the town of Maple Bay. The legend of the pirate's booty draws in quite a few tourists. As well as a number of permanent residents.

Ryan tells this wonderful tale with three main characters - Peter, Cass and Dandy (she's my favorite!). Each of the three have their own voice. There's a wealth of supporting players from the present and the past. 

Who's telling the truth? Who are lying? Is the legend of the pirate plunder true? 

Ryan kept me on my toes the entire way to the final ah hah! There's a twist that is epic! Things did not turn out as I had thought they would. And I adore being wrong! 

Get comfy in your favourite reading spot - you're not going want this one down. Bravo Tom Ryan!

No comments: