Monday, March 25, 2024

Still See You Everywhere - Lisa Gardner

Lisa Gardner has a new book out - Still See You Everywhere. Suspense readers - you'll want to this add this title to your TBR list!

This is the third entry in the Frankie Elkin series, but a first read of this character for me. I thought this latest was a great read!

Frankie is the lead character - and I was very intrigued by her. She calls nowhere home, she's an alcoholic, and she finds people. She herself is one of the walking wounded. "Searching for the missing everyone else has forgotten." She takes no money for her searching and uses nothing but asking questions and reading people. And wonders how much longer she can to this.

The case? Frankie meets with with a woman who is scheduled for the electric chair in three weeks. The one thing she wants is to see her little sister before that day arrives. Frankie agrees and ...

I loved the setting - a private island accessed only by plane. Gardner's descriptions are detailed and I could easily imagine the jungle, the creatures that were there first and the current residents. And this is the part where I tell you that you need to read the author's notes! I'll let you discover why.

There are quite a few characters, but it's easy to remember who's who. You'll have your favorites - but can you put your finger on one who's not so nice....

The plotting? Absolutely fabulous. Gardner kept me on the edge of my chair for the whole 416 pages. Suspense, action, a touch of romance and twists. I love twists! Wonderful read!

2 comments:

Mystica said...

Thank you for the wonderful review.

Luanne said...

Thanks Mystica - I hope you get a chance to read it!