Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Someone Else's Shoes - Jojo Moyes

I have been (not so patiently) waiting to get my hands on an audio copy of Jojo Moyes' latest bestseller, Someone Else's Shoes.

A pair of designer shoes is the catalyst for two storylines - and two protagonists. Nisha's wealthy husband has decided that he is getting divorced and cuts Nisha off with just the clothes on her back. Sam is struggling at work and on the home front as well. And their paths cross... I'll leave it there (along with the red shoes) for you to discover the rest.

All of the elements that make Moyes' book so wonderful to read and listen to are present. A protagonist that you can't help be behind - Sam is easy to like. Nisha, on the other hand, is more than a little prickly.

All of the elements that make Moyes' books so wonderful to read and listen to are present. A protagonist that you can't help be behind - Sam is easy to like. Nisha, on the other hand, is more than a little prickly. A wonderful supporting cast, catchy dialogue, humor, pathos, relationships, friendship, parenting, finding yourself, second chances and so much more.

I listened to Someone Else's Shoes. I've said it more than once - I become immersed in a story when I listen. That's especially true when it's an excellent narrator like Daisy Ridley. Her voice is rich and easy on the ears.She has created a voice for each character that truly suits them. It's also very easy to know who's speaking. She easily captures the emotions and actions of Moyes' plot. 

I've enjoyed each and every book Moyes has written and this latest just might be my new favourite. A wonderful presentation of a wonderful book. Hear for yourself - listen to an audio excerpt.

2 comments:

Mystica said...

All her stories are memorable. This sounds like another one.

Luanne said...

They are aren't they Mystica - this one was especially good for me.