Friday, January 17, 2020

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #296

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another...

US cover
Canadian cover
I quite enjoyed Emily St. John Mandel's Station Eleven. I was excited to see that she has a new book coming out. The Glass Hotel releases this Spring. The US cover is on the left and the Canadian cover is on the right. Two very different looks. Water figures into both. The Canadian cover image depicts the journey (boat) and the stars. It's quite stark. The US cover seems to depict the destination. I like the look of that misty, mysterious wee island. I'm going to go with the US cover this week. What about you? Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read The Glass Hotel?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

6 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I think the image on the Canadian cover is the corner of a building and I rather like it.

Icewineanne said...

Luanne, think the Cdn cover looks up at a glass bldg with the stars behind.
I like both covers. Really like the island in a fog....reminds me of the small islands in the Muskokas, but I also like the stars + bldg on the Cdn cover. The deciding factor for me is the print....I prefer the print on the Cdn cover so that’s my choice :-)

Mystica said...

I like the US cover

holdenj said...

Looking forward to reading This! I like the fog on the US cover.




Ethan said...

I really like the US cover as well. It looks more distinct from the Canadian.

Luanne said...

Ha! It is indeed a building on the Canadian cover! Now that it's been mentioned, I see it, but first impression was a boat!

So, 4 to 2 for the US cover this week.