Friday, August 23, 2019

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #277

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
John Grisham has a new novel - The Guardians - releasing on October 15 on both sides of the pond. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. I have to admit I haven't kept up with Grisham - I'm two behind I think. I like the premise of this latest and have added it to the ever growing TBR pile. Two very different looks this week. I like the road cutting through a lush green forest on the US cover. The road is a great metaphor. And I would actually like to drive that road. Its quite the contrast to the UK cover which kinda looks like a wasteland. And no clear path. That washed out earth colour is depressing. I would be much more likely to pick up the US book, so that's my choice this week. What about you? Which cover do you prefer? And plans to read The Guardians?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I agree - the UK cover looks like it's an apocolyptic story.

Icewineanne said...

UK looks like something out of a Mad Max film. And the US cover reminds me of driving up north in Ontario:)
No difficulty in choosing my fav this week, US wins!

Luanne said...

Looks like US across the board this week.