Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Over the Counter #455

What book caught my eye this week as it passed over the library counter and under my scanner? This..."- Build a child’s dream treehouse with nothing more than everyday cling film."

Ordinary Made Extra-Ordinary by Pascal Anson.

From Square Peg Books:

"Inspiring and achievable craft and home design projects – with easy to follow step-by-step instructions – to transform the dull, the discarded and the down-at-heel into something really out of the ordinary.

International designer, artist and blogger Pascal Anson shows us how everyday items, junk and interiors can be reinvented:
- Create a splendid chandelier with just a few rolls of Sellotape.
- Cast a stunning plant pot worthy of any designer homeware store using a cheap bag of concrete mix and a recycled plastic food tub.
- Build a child’s dream treehouse with nothing more than everyday cling film.

There are ideas for projects for everyone – from the four-minute makeover skinny jeans, to repairing and reinventing worn out trainers, to bigger projects such as the wood-clad car and the stylish hairy chair.

‘A resourceful attitude and way of working is key to me but so is fun, playfulness and sometimes magic’ Pascal Anson"

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

No comments: