Friday, October 19, 2018

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #233

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
I devoured C.J. Tudor's debut novel, The Chalk Man. I was
excited to hear she has a new book releasing next year. So, you're saying to yourself - Luanne - those are two different titles! Well, they are - but it's the same story within. Both release in February 2019. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. So let's talk title first. Which one do you prefer? The Hiding Place is somewhat forgettable for me. But The Taking of Annie Thorne is unique and kinda scary. Now onto the covers. Both grey. The blood red font promises danger. The open window and empty metal bed frame hint at someone missing. And a scattered deck of cards. Now, that UK cover. Love it! It matches the tone of the UK cover of The Chalk Man that I really liked as well. The little girl figure torn out of newspaper headline with the word murders, the childish writing of the name...chilling. Easy choice for me this week on both cover and title - UK.
What cover and title do you like this week? Any plans to read this book?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

5 comments:

Kay said...

I actually like the US cover better and the name. However, the UK one is also attention-grabbing. Mainly I'll say that I'll be reading this one - you too? LOL

Icewineanne said...

Definitely the UK cover. It’s unique while the US cover is boring - both the title & picture. Can’t wait to read this!

Luanne said...

After Chalk Man, I can't wait to read this as well Kay and Icewineanne!

So far, UK- 2 and US - 1

Dianna said...

I like the UK cover better. Can't wait for this one!

Luanne said...

Dianna I think it will be a bestseller before it even releases!