Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Over the Counter #451

What book caught my eye this week as it passed over the library counter and under my scanner? I actually found this one online while browsing ..... and it seemed quite timely.....

Pumpkining by Hugh McMahon.

From HMCM Books:

"Pumpkining, A Story of Pumpkin and Melon Carving," is an illuminating retrospective of Hugh McMahon’s career in sculpting pumpkins and watermelons for local, national, and international events. The book includes over 280 images of carved portraits, scary faces, logos, television appearances, publications and large installations of dynamic carvings, punctuated by insightful anecdotes from Hugh’s 40 years of blood, sweat, and seeds. Enjoy!" Happy Hallowe'en!

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

No comments: