Friday, December 8, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #188

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Robert Crais has a pair of characters that I really enjoy - Elvis Cole and Joe Pike. The latest novel to feature both of them is The Wanted - releasing at the end of the month in North America and in June in the UK. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Palm trees are part of each cover - which makes sense as the book is set in LA. Both are at dusk, but depicted with two different tones. The author's name is larger and first up on the US cover and flipped on the UK cover. I do like the tag line on the UK cover - it gives you an idea of what the book might be about. The UK picture looks somewhat familiar, like I've seen another cover with a similar shot. Still, for me this week it's the UK cover. Any plans to read The Wanted? Which cover do you prefer?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I like the UK cover more too - I think it might be the colors.

Ethan said...

I agree. Something about the UK cover really draws my eye.