Friday, December 1, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #187

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Italian author Luca D'Andrea's latest book - a thriller - has been sold in thirty countries Beneath the Mountain releases in North America in January and is newly released in the UK as The Mountain. So, US cover on the left and UK cover on the right. The first think I noticed was the juxtaposition of looking at teh mountains from 'outside' versus looking out from seemingly inside the mountain (perhaps a cave?) on the UK cover. I do find the black and white shot on the US cover more effective in terms of starkness. It seems more remote - which is part of the plot. The blue of the UK cover says 'underwater' too much to me. But we know it can't be underwater as there is a helicopter in the centre of the picture. Which just seems kind of random to me. The colour of the title is red on both covers, but the font used on the US cover is more effective in my opinion. Both covers use the same tag line. Cold case and killers? Count me in. A pretty easy choice for me this week - US. What about you? Any plans to read this book? Which cover do you prefer?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

The perspective of the UK cover feels odd to me so I prefer the US cover.