Friday, November 17, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #185

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Now, I must say that although mysteries and thrillers are my favourite genres to read, I also love a good post apocalyptic read. I'm looking forward to The Feed by Nick Clark Windo. "Set in a post-apocalyptic world as unique and vividly imagined as those of Station Eleven and The Girl with All the Gifts, a startling and timely debut that explores what it is to be human and what it truly means to be connected in the digital age."The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Two different looks this week. The US cover illustrates an urban area, densely populated. And to me red always signifies danger or stop. The UK cover is the opposite - a decimated or rural area with nothing but the two figures. The colours are not what you would expect - no green on the ground or blue in the sky. Instead these colours seems to say something unnatural has happened. Both covers feature The Feed with twisting, almost insidious tendrils throughout. Different taglines, but both are ominous. I like the starkness of the UK cover and the two people, so it's UK for me this week. Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read The Feed?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

4 comments:

Mystica said...

The UK cover feeds the imagination!

bermudaonion said...

I like the UK cover, too.

Anonymous said...

UK cover for me too. This cover looks very ominous indeed. The story inside may actually be a little too scary for me.
I'll be very interested to read your thoughs when you get a chance to read this one Luanne ;)
Icewineanne

ndenim said...

UK cover for me, too. :-)