Friday, November 3, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover # 183

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
I enjoyed Jane Corry's first book, My Husband's Wife. Her new novel, Blood Sisters releases in January 2018 in North America and is already on the shelves in the UK. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Now, looking at the covers, I would not think they would be the same story. The picture on the US cover is an adult woman. (I'm going by the shoes but could be wrong.) The children's coats on the UK cover promises a different read. As does the tagline. The US cover really doesn't give you any idea of what kind of story is between the covers. But I do like the leaves. I actually saw the cover before I read what the book is about. Having read the synopsis, both covers do depict the book. Perhaps the UK a bit more. And if I was looking for a suspense read, I would be more likely to pick up the UK book. So UK for me this week. Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read Blood Sisters?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Definitely the UK cover - it caught my eye immediately.

Anonymous said...

UK cover for me too! The woman's legs in the modern shoes surrounded by leaves seems a little odd.
Icewinanne