Friday, June 23, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #164

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Shari Lapena's first book, The Couple Next Door, was a
bestseller. Her second book, A Stranger in the House is due out in August of this year. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Blue background, white font and a window is used in both covers. But very different pictures. I'm not a fan of the US shot at all. Women on covers is getting very tired for me. And it's just kind of static. The blowing curtain and looking out from inside on the UK cover appeals to me more. And the tagline gives us a bit more. Any plans to read A Stranger in the House? Which cover do you prefer? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm kind of over the silhouette of a woman on the cover so I prefer the UK cover too.

Mystica said...

I do get attracted to nice covers (apart from the story!). I'd probably pass this one unless I've read bloggers reviews.

Icewineanne said...

The woman on the US cover is a little odd looking. Not sure why North American publishers insist on putting women on the covers of their domestic noir books. The UK cover is much better, leaves more to the imagination.