Friday, June 16, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #163

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Michael Connelly has a new book coming in July that's the first in a new series featuring Detective Renée Ballard. And yes, its on my TBR list. So, two very similar looks this week - a picture of a woman superimposed over a cityscape shot. The US shot puts her more in control, while the UK could be interpreted either way - running to or from danger. Blue and yellow on both covers. So.....I'm not really a fan of either cover this week. But, if forced to choose, I would go with the US cover. Any plans to read The Late Show? Which cover do you prefer? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm not crazy about either cover either but think I'd go with the UK cover.

Icewineanne said...

US wins it. Love the Bosch series so thrilling that he's begun a new one. I will definitely read this. Thanks for letting us know Luanne :)