Saturday, October 3, 2015

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #73

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

UK cover
US cover
I adore Kate Morton's writing. I'm really looking forward to her newest, The Lake House, releasing in late October on both sides of the pond. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. I'm going with the UK cover this week. I like the picture of the house (And it figures in the plot) I'm not keen on the girl's picture on the US cover - I like to create my own mental images of the characters instead of having it decided for me. Do you plan to read The Lake House? Which cover do you prefer?
 You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular Saturday feature
at A Bookworm's World.

3 comments:

Jennifer Tar Heel Reader said...

I feel like I almost always agree with your taste on covers! This week the UK cover easily wins for me. It's much more suitable to a Kate Morton book, and the woman's face on the US version is a little off to me. Kate Morton is one of my favorite authors. I fell in love with The Forgotten Garden and auto-read her books now. Love them all and can't wait for this one!

Grandma Cootie said...

Definitely the UK cover. I, too, like to envision the characters for myself. The woman's face is too specific and even sets a time period in my head. Enjoy Kate Morton's work a lot.

Icewineanne said...

Agreed! UK cover wins it. Will have to search amazon for a copy with the UK cover.