The annual Believe It or Not has just released - this year's title is Eye-Popping Oddities. ( Those eyes are holographic and really do look like they're popping out!!) And though my son is grown and gone, - I had the book out on the coffee table - and you guessed it - he immediately picked it up. Ripley's Believe or Not books really do appeal to all ages. Including me!
Truth really is stranger than fiction.
- An artist in England created a life size grocery store - with over 4000 items made from felt (and yes it looked real)
- I loved this one! An Australian couple use cardboard boxes, junk - and their baby son - to recreate their favourite movie scenes
- There's a hidden swimming pool in the Mojave Desert.
- All 14 members of a Brazilian family have 6 fingers on both hands
- An American man has collected over 75,000 pieces of McDonalds memorabilia
- there are historical spotlights as well, from Ripley archives
- and so much more - feats, art, food - and Beyond Belief....
Eye Popping Oddities isn't a one sitting read. It has so many entries that you'll come back again and again. Some are simply short snippets. Others are full page. And most are accompanied by full colour pictures.
"Through each of its 256 pages overflowing with mind-blowing stories of animals, feats, are, pop culture, the human body, and more, readers of all ages will discover the oddest, funniest, most awe-inspiring stories on Earth -and will return to this book again and again." Absolutely true!
"Believe it or not, this beautiful cathedral not only lies 443 ft underground,
it is made entirely of salt - including the chandeliers."