Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mini-Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella

Mini Shopaholic is the latest addition to this best selling chick lit series by Brit Sophie Kinsella.

Becky is still a confirmed shopaholic. And it seems that her two year daughter Minnie is going to follow in her shoes (or buy her own!)  She knows the words shop, Visa, Starbucks, how to hail a cab and most of all - the word MINE! With the economy drying up and in a effort to teach Minnie some fiscal responsibility, Becky is determined to cut back. And she'll throw Luke a surprise party - on the cheap. It all can't be that hard can it?

Kinsella continues the delightful tale of Becky - who seems to be able to justify and explain every purchase and slip up 'til it actually seems to make sense! She  gets herself into the most unusual predicaments and her explanations and efforts to extradite herself always leave me chuckling out loud. But, her heart is in the right place and her outlook is invariably optimistic. Kinsella has created a wonderful character that I never tire of following. I adore the inserted letters that Becky writes to various institutions - they are wickedly droll.

 
Kinsella is at the top of the chick lit heap on both sides of the pond. Those looking for a great fun escapist read will find it here. And Mini Shopaholic ends with the next installment neatly set up.

Read an excerpt of Mini Shopaholic. You can find Sophie Kinsella on Facebook as well.

4 comments:

Mystica said...

Sounds the usual Kinsella. Fun and nice to read.

Patti V. said...

I have this on hold and I can't wait to read it!

Anonymous said...

Might read, thanks for sharing.

bermudaonion said...

I bought this book for my mom - she just started it and is loving it so far. I can't wait for her to pass it on to me!