Friday, June 7, 2019

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #266

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Michael Connelly has a new entry in his Ballard and Bosch
series coming in October 2019 on both sides of the pond. The Night Fire. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. So we have the spark for a fire on the US cover, while the UK cover has a full fledged fire. At first I thought the fire was a downed plane, but on closer view, it does seems to be wood. I like the orange sky and the cityscape in the background. But I also like the detailed match image on the US cover. The author's name takes precedence over the title on both books and the Ballard and Bosch tag appears on both covers. I'm torn this week - one cover is effective in it's simplicity, while the other gives the reader more food for thought. But if forced to pick - I would go with the US cover. What about you? Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read The Night Fire?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I prefer the US cover as well but I'm not really sure why.

Icewineanne said...

No contest for me - UK wins hands down :)
Love the colours & the bonfire overlooking LA. I can see where you thought it might have been a plane on fire!
Cheers,
Anne

Luanne said...

A narrow win for the US cover this week~