Friday, August 17, 2018

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #224

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
The 23rd installment in Lee Child's Jack Reacher series releases in November on both sides of the pond. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. There are two very different images used - an urban area vs. a country road. Now, having read the synopsis, I can tell you that both images are part of this latest story. I do find the blue colour jarring, but it suits a neon motel strip. The light coming through the trees on the deserted road appeals to me much more. And the image of a lone man walking immediately conjures up Jack Reacher. So, it's the UK cover for me this week. Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read Past Tense?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I really don't care for either cover but if I had to choose, I'd go with the UK cover.