Friday, July 20, 2018

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #220

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Shari Lapena's third suspense novel, An Unwanted Guest will release the end of July in the UK and the beginning of August in NA. I've enjoyed her first two novels, so this one has been added to my TBR list. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right.  Blue is used on both covers. But we've got completely different season. Winter in the US and either spring or summer in the UK, with those leaves still on the trees. A single lit window in both, similar font in a muted tone with the author's name at the top in colour. An easy choice for me this week. The US cover appeals to me more. Who is that mysterious person? What's in the briefcase? The snow, that single light and the stormy weather all promise a good read. Having read the plot summary, the Agatha Christie feel is spot on. The UK cover is 'been there, done that' for me. I feel like I've seen it before. What about you? Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read An Unwanted Guest?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. 

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I think they're both rather blah.

Kay said...

I've already read the book - review will post in early August. Anyway, since I know the story, the US cover is more appropriate. I did like the book, by the way. ;-)

Luanne said...

Bermudaonion - they are rather blue.....

Kay, I look forward to your thoughts - will read the book first though! Glad to hear it's a good read.