Friday, September 22, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #177

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Another debut novel that caught my eye - The Visitors by Catherine Burns. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Two pretty different looks this week. The UK cover employs a very dark tone, in cover image, tagline and colour. Very ominous. And yet, I have to say, that I would be inclined to pick up the US cover. I would be curious as to who The Visitors are. I like the cover shot a lot - that peeling wallpaper is a great image. So, I'm going to go with the US cover this week. I find the UK cover just too lurid. Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read The Visitors?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

The UK cover is very generic to me so I'd have to go with the US cover too.

ckubala said...

I'm betting I'd skip right over that US cover as it's too cheerful for me. I love the dark and ominous UK cover. It seems to promise secrets and intrigue.