Friday, January 27, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #142

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
I've been meaning to read Becky Masterman's Brigid Quinn series, but haven't got to it yet.  The third book in the series, A Twist of the Knife, releases in March in the US and June in the UK. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Hmm, two very different looks. The US is stark with the red and white. And ominous with that drop of blood dotting the 'i'. I wonder about the layers as well - is it paper? The UK cover is clever with a second title behind the first - and twisted. But where it lost me was the woman's face. So, US for me this week. Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read A Twist of the Knife?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. 

3 comments:

Kay said...

I'd pick the US cover this week. The UK cover kind of makes me dizzy. And yes, I'm planning to read this series. My mystery group read the first book last year, but it was a meeting I missed and so I didn't get it read. One day soon. Happily, this is only #3, so I can catch up easily.

bermudaonion said...

I'm not crazy about either one of them.

Icewineanne said...

I just loved the 1st book in this series, but the second one was a let down. Hoping that this one higs it out of the park.
Re:covers - not a fan of either but prefer US over UK (makes me dizzy too) :)