Friday, June 17, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #110

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Beth Lewis's debut novel, The Wolf Road, is one I'm looking forward to. "A debut literary thriller from an incredible new voice. What do you do when the man who gave you everything turns out to be a killer? Perfect for fans of Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel." The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. The font is very similar on both covers. I think those are trees in a forest on the US cover. But I think the UK cover conveys more of the story with the cold landscape, the wolf eyes, the running girl and as always with UK covers, the great tagline. Which cover do you prefer?
Any plans to read The Wolf Road?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

2 comments:

Jennifer Tar Heel Reader said...

I like both - there is something interesting about the US cover even in its simplicity. The U.K. Cover does draw me in more though. Both are unique.

VictoriaS said...

The UK cover is so much more intriguing, hauntingly so, and the way the wolf eyes peer out from the title is chilling. Really well done, I just wish I had more interest in reading the book.