Thursday, February 20, 2014

Find Momo - Andrew Knapp

Yes, it's Thursday and it's usually Over the Counter day - where I showcase books that catch my eye as they pass over the library counter and under my scanner. Find Momo by Andrew Knapp is ordered for my library, but I happened to get my hands on one ahead of time.

Who is Momo you ask? Well Momo is Andrew's border collie. And he just happens to like to hide. And he sits really still while Andrew takes a picture of him. Lots of pictures. Andrew started sharing them with his Instagram friends.....who shared them with their friends.... who shared it with.... and in a few weeks there were more than 50,000 followers! Blogs and news outlets picked up the story as well.

"Watching the photos go viral was fascinating. Maybe it's the photography, or maybe it's the game of hide-and-seek. I would hope it's a mix of the two."

Andrew is a very talented photographer. His choice of backgrounds for the Momo photos are eye catching before you even begin to look for Momo. And looking for Momo is fun - and not as easy as you would think in some photos.

Find Momo is just one of those quirky books you can't help but read. And enjoy. If you liked finding Waldo, you'll love finding Momo. The little tidbits that Andrew shares about Momo are fun and Knapp himself is pretty interesting. Check out his website. And I would love to take a road trip on backroads with my dog as well!

Knapp posts a new photo everyday on GoFindMomo.com or you can follow along on andrewknapp on Instagram as well. (Peek inside Find Momo)

Now, I must admit I have a bias.....I too have a border collie. Abby is getting on in years - she's twelve now. But she is still light on her feet, appearing where you least expect her to. She's the best listener in the world and her big brown eyes are so expressive. And like Momo, she's a head tilter - I do think it's a Border Collie thing. So what would this post be without a shot of Abby?

(Over the Counter is a regular weekly feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come to the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But...I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

No comments: