Thursday, September 1, 2011

Over the Counter #73

Two related books caught my eye this week as they passed over my library counter and under my scanner. Honestly, both had me kind of shaking my head thinking WTHeck - but I must point out that I am a dog person.

First up was Fashion Cats by Takako Iwasa from Vice Books.

"In the bestselling tradition of Stuff On My Cat and I Can Has Cheezburger, comes a truly pioneering title in Haute Cature, in which two supermodel cats don the latest in Japanese cat fashion.

Prin and Koutaro are two cats who don’t get out of bed for less than the best catnip and 10,000 American dollars. They aren’t just cute, they are extraordinarily cute and know how to make Haute Cature look as good as it should. Here they don the latest Japanese Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter collections, featuring gorgeous, flowered paw bracelets, lace veils, tuxedo fronts, wool capes with matching caps, and much more. The perfect gift for any cat or fashion lover!"


But wait! There's more! Teh Itteh Bitteh Book of Kittehs by Professor Happycat and icanhascheezburger.com.

From the publisher Gotham Books:

"The authors of I Can Has Cheezburger? return with an awww- inspiring threequel in their blockbuster LOLcat series.

The Web site icanhascheezburger.com, the Internet's depot for LOLcat pictures, has already spawned two New York Times bestsellers: I Can Has Cheezburger? and How to Take Over teh Wurld. Now the mad geniuses behind the site have pored over their copious archive of cat photos with misspelled captions to bring fans a collection that raises the bar for cuteness.

While the first book explained the LOLcat philosophy, the second helped readers live these tenets themselves. With Teh Itteh Bitteh Book of Kittehs, the focus is now on the cutest cat of all: tiny, heartwarming, adorable kittens. The result is page after page of uber- cuteness that will charm anyone who loves kitties (and those who just love to laugh at these frisky bundles of fur)."

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

Oh my, why would anyone want to do that to a poor little kitten like that?