Thursday, March 24, 2011

Over the Counter # 47

Okay, it was the cover of I Love Macarons by Hisako Ogita that caught my eye this week as it passed over my library counter and under my scanner this week.  Yummy! And cute. (And it's not a typo - macaroons are a different treat)

From the publisher Chronicle Books:

"Cute-as-can-be, buttery macarons capture the whimsy and elegance of Paris, where they're traditionally served with tea or wrapped up in ribbon to give as a gift. But the secrets of making perfect macarons have long eluded home bakers—until now! In I Love Macarons, renowned Japanese pastry-maker Hisako Ogita brings her extensive experience to the art of baking macarons with fully illustrated foolproof step-by-step instructions. This charmingly designed guide is sure to have pastry lovers everywhere whipping up these colorful confections at home, using ordinary baking equipment and simple ingredients to create myriad flavors of perfection. Hisako Ogita is a Japanese pastry chef and author of 3 cookbooks on French pastry."

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)