Canadian Book Challenge hosted by John of the Book Mine Set. Feel free to join in!
"It's time once again to explore, celebrate and promote Canadian books. You have one year to read 13 Canadian books and review them somewhere online, Canada Day, July 1st, 2010- Canada Day, July 1st, 2011. There will be check-ins at the beginning of each month to see how everyone is progressing and have their current status marked in the sidebar of this blog. Participants are encouraged to read each others' reviews, discuss the books, and cheer one another on.
It's the fourth year of the challenge and we've had a lot of fun. Participants are mostly Canadian but we've had participants from the U.S., the U.K., India, South Korea, Spain and more. In true Canadian fashion, all are welcome!"
Last year was my first time participating. I really enjoyed reading everyone's reviews and seeing how many great Canadian books we read!
1. The Truth About Delilah Blue - Tish Cohen - July
2. Still Missing - Chevy Stevens - August
3. Room - Emma Donoghue- September
4. Coppermine - Keith Ross Leckie - October
5. Juliet - Anne Fortier - October
6. Too Close the the Falls - Catherine Gildiner - October
7. After the Falls - Catherine Gildiner - November
8. Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs - November
9. My 60's Trivia Notebook - Scribbler Mania - December
10. Beautiful Buttons - Cathrine Ann - December
11. Arranged - Catherine McKenzie - January
12. Bride of New France - Suzanne Desrochers - January
13. A Red Herring Without Mustard - Alan Bradley - February
14. The Midwife of Venice - Roberta Rich - February
15. Now You See Her - Joy Fielding - March
16. One Bird's Choice - Iain Reid - March
17. Home to Woefield (AKA The Woefield Poultry Collective) - Susan Juby - March
18. There's Lead in Your Lipstick - Gillian Deacon - April
19. The Guilty Plea - Robert Rotenberg - April
20. Whole Foods to Thrive - Brendan Brazier - May
21. Roads - Mark Schacter - June
22. The Witch of Babylon - D. J. McIntosh - June