Tuesday, September 15, 2009

BBAW continues...


Today is interview swap day for Book Blogger Appreciation Week. My partner Aarti of Booklust is winging her way back to the US from a family visit to India, so you can catch our interview later this week.

What's with the mermaid Luanne? Well Jeanne of Necromancy Never Pays "splashed" me yesterday.

I'm copying this direct from Jeanne's blog as I think it's a great way to pass it on. And hey - backatcha Jeanne - some of the most thoughtful and thought provoking posts you'll read...

"So I've decided to name some other book blogs that didn't make the list for any BBAW awards this week but which amuse me, per the "Splash" rules:

Nominate 9 blogs that allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you, link to your nominees within your post, let your nominees know they have been splashed by commenting on their blogs, and link to the person who nominated you."

So without further ado...

Anysia from Booklorn - uber organized, techie smart, lots of really great links and the brains behind Here Be Reviews - a great directory.

Cindy from Cindy's Love of Books and her children's review blog Books Upon a Wee One's Shelf- a warm and caring blogger who makes me wish I lived closer to Montreal

Vanessa from Today's Adventure - a newer blogger with a great site!

Jen from Up Close and Personal with Lady Tink - Jen's views and reviews never fail to make me smile

John of The Book Mine Set - I've just started following John since joining his Canadian Book Challenger. Fantastic in depth reviews and I'm hooked on his Saturday word play games.

Kerrie from Mysteries in Paradise - all mysteries, all the time - delicious!!

Mary of Bookfan - antother personable blogger ( and I want to join her in her favourite place to read!)

The Savvy Reader - this is the Harper Collins Canada blog - one of the best publisher produced blogs that I read, mostly written by Deanna.

Kelly from Enroute to Life - Kelly's passion for life is infectious. (and thanks for the Bingo award this week - and no, that's not why you're getting splashed! )

I could keep going, but I'll stop at nine. There are so many wonderful blogs in my reader, I could be typing all night!

11 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Aren't you sweet to mention my blog! So how far are you from Southern Maine??? I don't live there but that's where my family vacationed for several years while the kids were all at home. It's been two summers now that have passed without a visit to my favorite place to read. I'm really sad about that. Maybe next year...

Luanne said...

Only about 1000 kilometers Mary!

Kaye said...

Congrats Luanne! You so deserve every award in the blogosphere!

Vanessa said...

Thanks for the mention, Luanne! And congrats to you on your awards.

Jeanne said...

I've seen LadyTink's comments on other blogs.... It's high time I visited her own! Thanks for more place to visit. Really. Thanks a lot.

Kerrie said...

Many thanksL uanne. I'll try to respond later this week or early next. I'm a bit exteneded just now with both BBAW and Christie week :-)

bermudaonion said...

Congratulations on your award!

Kaye said...

Hi Luanne, I have given you an award so please stop by when you get a chance. Have a great week and happy reading!

Ladytink_534 said...

Oh thank you so much! How sweet of you!

Anysia (Booklorn on Twitter) said...

I keep thinking I'll get my post up and then ... well, you know (which flies in the face of "uber organized" but don't tell anyone).

I wanted to thank you for including my blog in your list. :-)

Kerrie said...

Thanks Luanne, I've given my awards. My post is at Splashed and Lovely